Thank you for choosing MistGuardPro™
Our Commitment to Data Privacy
We are fully committed to maintaining the privacy of any information (‘personal data’) that you provide to us. Furthermore, we commit to ensuring that such data is held securely, used appropriately, and retained for only as long as necessary.
Data Collection / Privacy Summary:
As a general policy, we do not anonymously collect personal data from visitors to our website, though we may use “cookie” technology to gather non-personal information from visitors. This is standard practice on the web. We use the information gathered by cookies to improve your visit to our site, among other things. We may also collect aggregate information about our visitors. For example, we may track the total number of website visitors in a particular period.
In general, when you visit our websites and access information, you remain anonymous. MistGuardPro.com may collect personally identifiable information — that is, your name, address and email — when you voluntarily subscribe to a service offered by MistGuardPro.com. Any personally identifiable information you provide is used solely by MistGuardPro™ or other companies who are involved in the operation of this website. MistGuardPro™ does not sell this information to third parties, though we may share aggregated non-personal information with advertisers on our site.
However, we will disclose personal information when required by law, in response to any demand by law enforcement or other appropriate government authorities, or if the personal information is pertinent in a legal proceeding or court action.
Our website and marketing services are designed with privacy in mind. Therefore, we collect personal information only to the degree that is required to provide our services fully and efficiently. We strive to comply to the greatest extent possible with applicable data protection regulations, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’), where applicable.
You can access and update your personal information, including changing your subscriptions to our email newsletters and opting out of receiving emails about our services, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
Regarding your use of this website, MistGuardPro™, acts in the capacity of Data Controller. If you have any questions or concerns about the data we hold about you, you may contact us using the information below:
Data Controller: MistGuardPro™
Correspondence address: 5 Riverdown Drive, Aspen, CO 81611
Email correspondence: email@example.com.
Definition of ‘Personal Data’
When we refer to ‘personal data’ we mean any information that allows us to identify you personally. Obvious examples include your name, email address, postal address, etc. We will always seek to gain your explicit consent to providing this information before we collect it from you, although this may not be the only legal basis on which we collect the data.
Other types of information, such as your computer’s ‘IP’ address or broad geographical location do not, generally, allow us to identify you directly.
Types of Data Collected
Website Contact Forms
When you complete one of the contact forms on our website, we will ask you for a number of pieces of personal information, such as your name, phone number, email address and other contact details. This is obviously required for us to respond to your request.
If you do not use or submit an online form on the website, no data will be collected in that regard.
Phone Calls, Emails, or other Non-website-initiated Contacts
When you call, send email, or communicate directly with MistGuardPro™ in any other way, we may retain the information provided in those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Data collected will generally involve your name, phone number, and email address, at a minimum. It might also include your postal address if it is required for a legitimate business purpose.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting.
There are a number of ways that you can influence how cookies are used on your particular device. Most commercial browsers (such as Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.) allow you to set preferences for whether to allow or block website cookies.
They will also provide tools that allow you to remove any cookies that have already been set. Using the ‘Help’ functionality of your browser, or an internet search will help you to understand how to use these features for your particular browser.
Technical Data (such as ‘IP address’)
When you visit our website, our systems will log a record of your visit in our server logs, and typically this record will include the technical ‘IP’ address that is associated with your device and the browser type and version that you are using.
Such server logs are extremely common in practice, and are used to monitor technical resources, monitor high-level server activity, and importantly to detect and prevent malicious or fraudulent activity on our systems. This data can also be used, if required, to diagnose reports of technical issues. The storage of IP addresses, allow us to identify patterns of behavior (such as repeated malicious attempts to access a system).
IP addresses, in and of themselves, do not allow us in any way to identify you as an individual, especially given that it is very common for IP addresses to be dynamically allocated by your service provider, and will therefore often routinely change.
Furthermore, we do not and will not use the content of server access logs to attempt to determine an identifiable individual. We, therefore, do not consider that data held within server logs falls within the scope of ‘personal data’, and accordingly, we do not seek your consent to collect it.
If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your web browser. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google Analytics and on Cookie usage visit Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites:
Google AdWords Remarketing
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise MistGuardPro™ across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the MistGuardPro™ website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that “this person visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
Other Google Services
In addition to Google Analytics, we use a number of industry-standard Google services to provide particular pieces of website content. These include:
- Google Maps: We may use the Google’s mapping services to provide dynamic geographic maps on our website
- Google Recaptcha: We may use Google’s Recaptcha service (which provides the ‘I Am Not A Robot’ functionality) on our web contact forms. This is a security measure to prevent the abuse of our contact forms by automated programs.
Each of these services involves our website making a connection to one or more Google servers, and may result in Google placing cookies on your device.
Access to Your Personal Data
In the situation where you have directly provided personal information to us (such as by completing an online form or contacting us for further information), you have a number of rights regarding the personal data that we hold:
- You have the right to obtain from us confirmation about whether any such data is being held;
- You have the right to require that we provide you with whatever data we are holding/processing about you, including the right for that data to be transferred to another data controller;
- Even if you have consented to MistGuardPro™ processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that permission at any time;
- You have the right to require us to rectify any incomplete or incorrect information held about you;
- You have the right to require us to erase the data held about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
In the situation where we collect personal data automatically (such as from your internet browser or via internet Cookies or other similar technologies):
- You have the right to object to the legal basis upon which we are collecting this data, and We have an obligation to consider and respond to that objection;
- You have the right to request the prevention of further processing of your data while your objection is considered;
- You have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection authority
- In most circumstances, you can exercise these rights without paying a fee to us.
How We Use the Information Collected
We use the information we collect to provide MistGuardPro™ products and services to you for the following purposes:
- Access, Improve and Develop MistGuardPro™
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the MistGuardPro™ website, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service; responding to your questions or comments.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, and account notifications.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the MistGuardPro™ website and related services, and personalize and customize your experience. We conduct profiling based on your interactions with MistGuardPro™, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to MistGuardPro™.
We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving MistGuardPro™ and our customers’ experience with our website and related services.
- Personalization, Marketing, and Advertising
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by MistGuardPro™.
- Conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with MistGuardPro™, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section, given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
Who We Share Data with
Generally, we do not share your personal data with third parties unless it is necessary to provide the specific services you have requested.
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below:
- Our Affiliate Companies and agents;
- Service providers, such as email service providers or credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
How Your Data is Protected
We take the security of all personal data very seriously. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
Your data is protected in a number of ways, including:
- Access control: access to personal data is strictly limited in line with our policy detailed in the ‘who we share data with’ section on this page. Access is controlled by individual user accounts, where a strong password policy is enforced
- SSL encryption: This website is also secured with SSL encryption, which means that all traffic to and from our servers is encrypted. This applies to our own administrative access to the website as well as that of users of our services.